After getting a new version of Jekyll installed, pulling some archives from Github, and some from the Internet Wayback Machine, I think I have most of my posts back. I need to do some adjustments to a few of the templates, but I think we’re back and running well enough. There may be some older posts that I’m missing, but I think they’re fine being lost to the ether.

I tried a few different static site generators for the blog (like the Python-based Pelican and Nikola), but I think my familiarity with Jekyll made it a bit easier to get up and running. I’m starting with the excellent whiteglass theme, but I’m sure I’ll be adjusting it as I go along.

Unfortunately, most of the content of this weblog is now stuck in the past. The last post I made was almost five years ago. That’s a long, long time. Since then, I’ve been through two other jobs (well, one was kind of return to a previous job). I’ve seen my oldest child graduate from college, and my youngest child is now in his second year of college.

I’m not 100% sure what I’ll be putting up at this site, but at least I have the content back. I’m not sure I’m going to get the The Tools Artists Use site running again, which is a bummer. We’ll see what I can recover.